Learn more about how Marketplace Management works with WFS
What is Walmart Fulfillment Services?
Select Walmart Marketplace sellers are leveraging Walmart's inventory fulfillment program called Walmart Fulfillment Services, also referred to as WFS, which allows sellers to store their inventory at Walmart fulfillment centers. When a customer places an order on Walmart.com, WFS picks, packs and ships the item(s) to the customer on a seller‚Äôs behalf.
How does Marketplace Management work with Walmart Fulfillment Services?
Here is a summary of how Marketplace Management interacts with WFS:
- When Marketplace Management detects WFS inventory, we will display a WFS service integration tile on the integration page indicating that we are importing WFS inventory and Orders.
- Marketplace Management will detect if/when you have WFS inventory, assign this inventory to a ‚ÄúWFS‚Äù FC within Marketplace Management, and continue to import updated WFS quantities every 5 minutes.
- You‚Äôll be able to see how much WFS inventory you have for each product in your catalog by looking at the inventory tab of that product.
- Marketplace Management's outbound quantity updates to Walmart will not update quantities for WFS items as that is managed by Walmart.
- WFS inventory will never be sent to any sales channel. It‚Äôs strictly a read-only representation of how much inventory you currently have in stock at the Walmart fulfillment center for that product.
- SKUs that are fulfilled by both WFS and your own warehouse(s) will be fulfilled by WFS as the priority shipping node by default.
- WFS does not support cross-channel fulfillment, so WFS inventory is only available for your Walmart Listings.
- Orders fulfilled by WFS will import and appear on the Marketplace Management Orders workspace and can be identified with ‚ÄúWFS‚Äù under the ‚ÄúLocations‚Äù column.
- WFS orders will import and be marked as ‚ÄòPending‚Äô until they are shipped by WFS, in which case they will then be updated to ‚ÄòShipped‚Äô. These orders will never be sent to any of your integrated fulfillment and shipping services, they are only being brought in for you to view and report on.
- Depending on if your integration settings allow (within your Walmart Developer portal and Marketplace Management Walmart integration settings), Marketplace Management does have the ability to price and reprice listings fulfilled by WFS.
- WFS fees will import and be applied to dynamic minimum price calculations for repricing purposes.