Here's the process for creating a bundle using Marketplace Management's SkuPane, and through our bulk upload tool.
In this video
- How to create a bundle association from the Products Workspace
- How to create a bundle association in bulk via file upload
Creating a Bundle in the Products Workspace
To create a bundle connection in the user interface, we‚Äôll navigate to the Products Workspace.
- Pick a product that needs to be bundled with individual components.
- After finding the product, click on the SKU link to slide out the product SkuPane. From here, click on bundle.
- If the product is not already part of a bundle, you‚Äôll be given the option to add components, along with the quantity amount per bundle as needed.
- Click save, and your bundle SKU quantity will now be controlled by the quantity available on the component SKUs.
- Going back to the Products Workspace, you will now see a bundle icon on the bundle SKU row, and component icons on the newly attached component SKU rows.
Creating a Bundle using a Bulk File Upload Template
If you have more than one bundle to create at one time, we offer a bundle template for accomplishing this process in bulk.
- To do this, head over to the slide out navigation bar and click tools, and file upload.
- Next, click on the download template files dropdown and bundles. This file offers a coversheet with instructions on the bundle actions that you will want to review.
- Next, click on the Bundles tab. Here you will input your component SKU, the Bundle SKU, and the amount per bundle. After which, you will save the file and return it to Marketplace Management for upload.
- Make sure to check in the file upload history when the file is complete to see if there are any resulting errors.
Other scenarios for bundles
There are several other scenarios where bundles are useful.
- Mismatched SKUs: Given that we are an SKU-based system, to sync quantity across channels we require the product to be listed to each channel using the same seller SKU. If this product is not using the same SKU on each channel, the bundle tool can be used to create a 1 to 1 relationship between SKUs that are not the same.
- Multi-pack: Using each multi-pack SKU as the bundle SKU, you can add the individual component SKU to each multi-pack so that our system can track quantity addition and deductions accurately.
For more information on these scenarios, check out our Knowledge Base article here, or watch the video below: