Read this article to understand what the different types of order status are and the status means
This article covers order statuses for Cart Order Management.
In this article:
- Pending - The order has been created but not paid or ready to start fulfllment
- Processing - The order has been created and paid, but not fulfilled
- Canceled - the order has been canceled and should not be fulfilled
- Completed - all order items have been delivered
- Error - this order status is can be caused by multiple actions and tells you there is a problem with the order
Order Fulfillment Statuses
- Unfulfilled - none of the order items have been added to shipments or shipped.
- Partially Fulfilled - some but not all order items have been added to shipments and are being fulfilled.
- Fulfilled - all order items have been fulfilled.
- On hold - the order fulfillment workflow has been set as on hold by an external system such as Shopify or Shipstation.
- Exception - a fulfillment error has occurred. This status is set by an external system such as Shopify or Shipstation. For additional information, please investigate your fulfillment system.
- Awaiting pickup - a shipping label for the package has been created but the carrier hasn't picked the package up yet.
- In transit - the carrier has picked up the package and can provide an estimated delivery date.
- Delayed - the carrier is experiencing delays so the shipment will arrive late.
- Notice left - the carrier left notice for the shopper to arrange pickup or reattempt delivery.
- Available for pickup - the shipment is available for pickup at the carriers physical location.
- Out for delivery - the shipment is out for delivery and should be delivered on the current date.
- Delivered - the shipment has successfully been delivered to the shopper.
- Exception - Exceptions can be caused by multiple events. Here's a list of exception reasons:
- Address issue
- Contact carrier
- Delivery attempted
- Location inaccessible
- Reschedule delivery
- Package held
- Package damaged
- Return to sender
- Package unclaimed
- Package disposed
- Package undeliverable
- Package lost